Numerical Optics Ltd. is a research and software development company working on marine optics, remote sensing of the coastal zone, and numerical modelling of light in natural environments.
Key activities and interests include:
- Software and services for Satellite Derived Bathymetry (SDB).
- Development and maintenance of the software HydroLight.
- Modelling of light propagation in natural waters and the atmosphere.
- Algorithms for benthic mapping from satellite and airborne imagery.
- Scattering by non-spherical particles.
- Photobiology of corals, seagrasses and macroalgal canopies.
Clients include universities, hydrographic offices, commercial companies, government agencies and NGOs worldwide. If you are interested in any of our software products, or how our expertise can assist in your project, please get in touch.